Monday, September 11, 2006

IN THEIR OWN WORDS...

Wellington Fire Chief Bob Walker
I think what an event like this does is honors Al for his extreme dedication to want to help the community, to help the Wellington Fire District and to get his family here to participate in the event.
I think this event is helping the firefighters and their families feel a little better now, the Wellington community turning out in such strong numbers showing their support. There’s a long way to go for us to all get through this, it’s going to take some time for healing.

Steve Hall, Event Organizer
This all started because I happened to be on the road that day when Buzz lost his life. The only thing I can tell you is that I was sitting in my living room with my dad and I said, I should really try and do something for this family. It has been an honor to be a part of this and to work with the Anderson family and the Wellington Fire District. I would like to thank everyone who has helped put on today’s event, but there are just way too many people to thanks individually, but you know who you are, God Bless You.

Let’s make today a day to celebrate Buzz’s life, there has been a lot of mourning but maybe for a few minutes today we can turn this into Buzz’s party.


Rodney Harrison, Owner of Harrison Ford & main event sponsor
It was important for the dealership to support one of its own locally, who gave his life to save another so we thought it was only right to assist as well to support his family. We are happy to see such a turn out of people and the amount of cars in the car show, just a great event.


Tim “Big Dog” Graham
I personally knew Buzz Anderson and his family. They are a good group of people, very nice family. I catered the reception after his funeral and donated to a golf outing as well. I’m glad to be a part of this. When I was first contacted I didn’t hesitate, I knew I wanted to be a part of this. The biggest part of this is to pay tribute to Buzz and to honor his service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page statistics
Comcast Internet Service