Friday, August 25, 2006

FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL: WEEK ONE


Elyria High 34 Midview 20


So I traveled to Midview Friday night to shoot the game and the events surrounding a high school football game. My plan, for a couple reasons, was to get there early. One, I wanted a good parking spot. Two, I was going to see if I could sneak a TMC NEWS banner up on a fence. Well, I ended up covering a traffic crash in Sheffield Township around 6pm so that put me heading into the Midview area around 6:30 / 6:45. WOW, what a mistake. The traffic was backed up on Rt. 57 from Capel Rd to almost the Rt. 10 area. That is what you get though when two powerhouse teams come together on a Friday night. The stands were jammed packed and both teams put on a great show. John Chandler of NEWS CHANNEL 5 said that the game was much closer then the final score would indicate. Some estimate the crowd at 6,000, not sure about that number but you sure were putting too many more people in there.

To see all of the photos from the game CLICK HERE. Maybe we will be at your high school next week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures and I love how you covered the game. Nobody shows the ammount of great pictures like you guys. I really liked how you showed the parents working selling food. They volunteer their time at every game to raise money for the kids. GREAT JOB!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the coverage and I agree I have never seen coverage like this before. COME BACK to Midview soon. Go Middies!!!

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page statistics
Comcast Internet Service